This page relates to the year 1166 Calendrier Julien.
- May 7th: Beginning of the reign of Guillaume II the Good (1154 - 1189), king of Sicily (fine in 1189).
- Intervention of the king Louis the Young person in Burgundy with the call of the bishop of Mâcon.
- the duke Conan IV of Brittany is constrained to abdicate in favor of his/her daughter Constance. Henri II Plantagenêt becomes Master of the Brittany thanks to engagement of his/her son Geoffroy to Constance of Brittany (marriage in 1181).
- Revolt of Raoul II of Ferns against Henri II Plantagenêt which shaves the castle of Fougères.
- the Église of England makes mark with the face the Cathares.
- Rory O' Connor becomes the last Ard-laughed (supreme king) of Ireland.
- In Ireland, Dermot MacMurrough, king of Leinster is driven out by the king of Breffni, O' Rourke of which it had removed the woman. Dermot requires support of Henri II of England and raises an army of Norman, led by Richard Strongbow, count of Pembroke. After two failures, they unload victoriously in Ireland and take Waterford and Dublin.
Art & culture
- the Arab Al Daouzi writes the history of its country.
- Instruction of the Elie archbishop of Novgorod on the liturgical rite and the discipline.
Science & technology
- Ibn Rochd sees in the sunspots shades of Planet S.
Births in 1166
Death in 1166
- October 18th: Mateusz, bishop of Cracow.
- Al Idrissi, Moslem traveller.
- the duke Henri de Sandomierz is killed at the time of a Croisade against the Prussian .
Map-bms: 1166 Simple: 1166
|Random links:||Michael Sarrazin | Maria Anna Mozart | Narragansett (Rhode Island) | County of Yushan | John Wentworth | Économie_de_la_Hongrie|