This page relates to the year 1159 Calendrier Julien.
- Beginning of the Rebellion of Heiji with the Japan: Revolt Fujiwara and Minamoto against the Taira. The clan Will conceal évince the Fujiwara and dominates the court until in 1181).
The Middle East
- a powerful Byzantine army ordered by Manuel Ier Comnène gathers in the north of the Syria. Nur AD-DIN sends ambassadors to him to welcome to him. Renaud de Châtillon, prince of Antioche, request forgiveness with the Basileus. Handbook manages to as well impose its suzerainty on the States Turkish of minor Asia as to the franque principality of Antioche. The Byzantine power at the borders blocks the situation in Syria between Nur AD-DIN and the Francs.
- In June, Henri II Plantagenêt seizes Cahors and Rodez, but fails in front of Toulouse where is locked up Louis VII, assisted from the count Raymond V.
- July 28th: Pierre Lombard becomes archbishop of Paris (fine in 1160).
- September 7th: Beginning of the Pontificate of Alexandre III (fine in 1181).
- the pope Adrien IV runs up against Frederic Barberousse and must flee Rome. After his death on September 1st, the cardinal Rolando Bandinelli is elected pope in spite of the opposition of Frederic Barberousse. Most of its pontificate is devoted to the policy and the fight against Frederic Ier who wants to impose his primacy on the the Holy See and to dominate in a permanent way Italy of North.
- October 4th: Beginning of the Pontificate of the Antipape Victor IV (fine in 1164).
- Henri II Plantagenêt makes homage to king de France for the Guyenne.
- the town of Lübeck obtains the communal franknesses. Very vassal having resided one year at Lübeck becomes free.
- Forwardings of Valdemar Ier of Denmark against the Wendes (fine in 1179).
- the archbishop of Lund Absalon pushes back a Norwegian fleet in front of the “ portus mercatorum ” ( köbenhavn ) and decides to set up a fortress, Hafnia, in a small island, at the origin of future the Copenhagen.
- Foundation of Rīga, with the mouth of the Dvina, by merchants of Bremen.
- Beginning of the reign of Etienne Nemanja in Serbia (1159-1195).
Births in 1159
Sybille of Jerusalem.
Death in 1159
Be-X-old: 1159 Map-bms: 1159 Simple: 1159
|Random links:||Vault Our-Lady-of-the-Mercy of Mouterhouse | Department of Me bour | Kinsey | Commercial Order of Merit | Celtina - thirteen treasures of Celtie | Culture_Hip_d'houblon|