This page relates to the year 1158 Calendrier Julien.
The close East & Arab World
Arrived of Manual Ier Comnène in Cilicie. It obtains the tender of the Armenian prince Thoros. With Antioche, Renaud de Châtillon must make amend for its forwarding of piracy against Cyprus (1153) and recognize Byzantine suzerainty. Baudouin III of Jerusalem negotiates an inaugurated alliance before one year by its marriage with the niece of Handbook, Théodora Comnène. But the unwillingness of allied makes fall through the forwarding projected against Alep. Handbook concludes peace with Nur AD-DIN, whose threat contains the Francs in Byzantine mobility and contains the Saljûqides.
Countryside of Baudouin III and cross the Thierry of Flanders against Nur AD-DIN. Resumption of Harim.
- January 1st: Creation of the Order of Calatrava in Castille.
- January 11th: Vladislav II is crowned king de Bohême with Ratisbon.
- August 30th: Beginning of the reign of Alphonse VIII Noble the (1155 - 1214) king of Castille.
- September 1st: Frederic Barberousse is victorious of Milan.
- Treated Gisors (Vexin) between the France and the England.
- Foundation of the town of Munich by Henri the Lion.
- Foundation of Lübeck by Adolphe II of Holstein, cofondatrice of the Hanse with Hamburg. Henri the Lion fight against the Obodrites and organizes the steps of the East and the Poméranie.
- Paix enters the Byzantines and the Norman ones.
- Russia: Conflict between Andre Bogolioubski and the metropolitan pulpit for the creation of a metropolis with Vladimir. Byzance reaffirms the unicity of Kiev like “ metropolis of all Russia ” and authorizes only the creation of an episcopal see with Vladimir.
Economy & company
Fight against the great ecclesiastical property in the Byzantine Empire: Manual Ier Comnène interdict with the monasteries “ to increase the properties which they hold today, out of ground and attached peasants ” under penalty of confiscation.
- regular Line of galées between Venice and Alexandria.
Arts & cultures
- Construction of the cathedral of Vladimir (fine in 1160).
Sciences & technology
Births in 1158
Geoffroy II of Brittany, duke of Brittany.
Death in 1158
Be-X-old: 1158 Map-bms: 1158 Simple: 1158
|Random links:||Sven Nilsson | Saint-Aubin (Pas-de-Calais) | Regosol | Zachary Brino | Gherkins with the chocolate | Protocole_de_transfert_hypertexte|