This page relates to the year 1155 Calendrier Julien.
The Middle East
- Beginning of the reign of Qılıj Arslan II, sultan saljûqide of Rum (fine in 1190).
- Taken Baalbek by Nur AD-DIN.
- Return of Louis VII of France of Saint-Jacques-with-Compostelle. Stay with Montpellier.
- June 10th: Council of Soissons: Louis VII founds the Paix of God on the kingdom. First royal decrees in France to found peace in the kingdom.
- Habits of Lorris.
- Demolished commune of Rome vis-a-vis the pope and to the emperor. Arnaud de Brescia is overcome and burned by Frederic Ier Barberousse.
- the Pouilles in Italy of the South are occupied by the Byzantine .
- Victoire of Géza II of Hungary on the emperor of the East Manual Ier Comnène.
- Genoa obtains commercial privileges with Constantinople.
- Klim is definitively driven out of Kiev by Iouri Dolgorouki, which requires of the patriarch Constantinople new a métropolite. The bishop Constantin Ier is appointed.
- Novgorod obtains ecclesiastical autonomy thanks to the fidelity of its bishop, Niphon, with the patriarchate of Constantinople at the time of the schism of Kiev.
Art & culture
- Romance of Crude of Wace, dedicated to Aliénor of Aquitaine and telling the adventures of the King Arthur.
- First chart printed in China.
- Appearance of the contract of exchange of place in place in Europe.
Births in 1155
Isaac II, Byzantine Emperor.
Death in 1155
Be-X-old: 1155 Map-bms: 1155 Simple: 1155
|Random links:||Mauricio Merleau-Ponty | Saint-Ouen-of-double sacks | Survival (Flowering ash) | Zeuzère of the pear tree | Byzantine and Christian museum of Athens | Battle of Verdun (1792) | Horace_Walpole,_4ème_comte_d'Orford|