This page relates to the year 1152 Calendrier Julien.
- the last Hammadide Yahya ibn Abd Al-Aziz is détrôné by the Almohades.
- Abd Al-Mumin puts in rout the Hilaliens at Sétif.
- the Almohades oblige the last Christians of North Africa to convert with the Islam. Those which refuse are put at death. Only remain of rare communities which found refuge in the mountains.
The close East
Holy roman Empire
- March 4th: Election of Frederic Ier, Germanic Roman Emperor (fine of reign in 1190).
- Frederic Ier Barberousse organizes the State on the basis of feodo-vassalic relation. The dominant layers of the company are subjected to the hierarchical system of the chivalrous shield dominated by a powerful group princes of Empire making screen between the sovereign and his subjects. It takes again in hand the clergy, by controlling the election episcopal and abbey and by making bishops and abbots of the “civils servant” to the service of the Empire.
- March 21st: Cancellation of the marriage of Aliénor of Aquitaine and Louis VII of France by the synod of Beaugency.
- Aliénor of Aquitaine, pushed by his/her uncle the count Raimond d' Antioche (1148) separated from Louis VII of France for inceste, in spite of the opposition of Suger. It returns to Poitiers. With Blois, it must flee before the count Thibaut does not manage to make of force his wife of it.
- May 18th: Aliénor of Aquitaine wife Henri Plantagenêt, duke of Normandy and count of Anjou, which will become king of England under the name of Henri II of England. It brings, in dowry, the province of Guyenne, current Aquitaine, increasing considerably the provinces of the empire of Plantagenêts. The sights of French monarchy on this province, and the refusal of king d' Angleterre to consider the king of France as his suzerain will be, inter alia, at the origin of the First War One hundred Year old between France and England (1154 - 1258/1259).
- June: Évrard of the Bars voluntarily leaves the post of Large-Master of the Ordre of the Temple and becomes monk with Clairvaux (> 1174). Bernard de Tramelay becomes Large-Master Templiers.
- September 29th: Raimon de Montredon, archbishop of Arles organizes the translation of the relics of Saint Trophime, of the Alyscamps to the basilica Saint-Etienne (called nowadays Saint-Trophime ).
- Creation of the archbishop's palace of Nidarós (Trondheim), metropolis for the Norway. Évêchés Icelandic is attached there.
the archbishop of Lund, Eskil, installs a first colony of Cîteaux to Herrisvad, in Scanie. It founds others in various Swedish provinces of them, with Gotland and even in Poméranie, then under Danish influence. Two other orders take foot in Scandinavia thanks to its efforts, the Prémontrés and the Hospitalier S.
Rome makes specify for the countries of North that “ only the bishop would have the right to appoint the priest charged to manage the church and its goods ” and that “ whoever would make build a church would not have more the right to watch on this one after its construction, like its heir ”. It is specified that the clerks would not have any more the right to carry weapons.
Art & culture
- Shâh Yûsuf Ghardisi makes build the mosque of Multan, in India, in the style of the Ka' Ba. It is the oldest preserved mosque of the sub-continent.
Science & technology
- the logical Terminology , treated of logic and mathematics of Maïmonide.
Births in 1152
March 25th: Alphonse II of Aragon, known as Pure the , king d' Aragon of 1162 with 1196, count de Barcelone of 1162 with 1196, count de Provence of 1166 with 1196 and count de Roussillon of 1172 with 1196. († April 25th 1196).
Death in 1152
- May 3rd: Mathilde of Boulogne
nonwell informed or unknown Dates :
- Harvise d' Évreux
- Robert de Selby, Chancellor of the Kingdom of Sicily of 1137 with 1151, the service of Roger II.
Be-X-old: 1152 Map-bms: 1152
|Random links:||Limoux | Saint-Germier (Tarn) | Earle Brown | Fabrica di Roma | Blur: The Best off (video) | Chambre_de_douleur|