This page relates to the year 1138 Calendrier Julien.
- the general Song Yo fei tries to go on Kaifeng but is stopped by a jealous minister who makes it imprison then to remove. The emperor Kao-tsong concluded peace with the Djürchet by leaving with the dynasty Jin all China to north from the Houaï Ho (1141).
The Middle East
- August 9th: Earthquake with Alep. 230.000 victims.
- Failure for lack of agreement of the common countryside of the Francs of Antioche and Jean II Comnène against Alep and Chaizar. Zanki can re-occupy the places of in addition to-Oronte.
- March 7th: Beginning of the reign of Conrad III of Hohenstaufen (born in 1093), Germanic Roman Emperor (fine in 1152).
- March 13rd: The antipape Victor IV is elected to replace Anaclet II, died.
- August 22nd: Battle of the Standard. Defeat of the forces of David Ier of Scotland against those of the king Etienne of England.
- October 28th: Died of the prince Boleslas III the Stop-Chest of Poland. Beginning of the wars between the heirs to the Piasts. It will take 200 years to reunify Poland.
- Boleslas III runs up against the resistance of large, encouraged by Norbert, the archbishop of Magdeburg, which would have liked to remove the episcopal see of Gniezno. In front of these intrigues, Boleslas writes a will which divides Poland between its sons Ladislas II, Boleslas IV, Mieszko III and Casimir II in four hereditary duchies (going against the Séniorat, law of succession to the throne). Open a period of anarchy then. Their descendants, in their turn, parcel out the country in twenty-four duchies. The disappearance of the royal title and the quarrels ceaseless between the dukes cause a political and social disorganization which supports the ambitions of the adjoining countries.
nonwell informed or unknown Dates
- Henri Superb the, duke of Bavaria, seizes the Toscane and the States of the countess Mathilde of Tuscany. Disappointed not to be elected emperor, he refuses to recognize Conrad which despoils it of all its strongholds.
- the consulate is instituted with Florence.
- Mathieu Ier de Montmorency († 1160) becomes Connétable of France.
- In Germany, the poet Lamprecht writes memorable poem epic the Poem of Alexandre .
Births in 1138
Saladin ( Salah Aldine Al-Ayyubi ).
Death in 1138
- Avempace (Ibn Bâjja, born with Saragossa v. 1095), Arab philosopher, with Fès.
Map-bms: 1138 Simple: 1138
|Random links:||Edward Tolman | Euleptes europaea | William Simon | Troy Aikman NFL Football | Sport Ghiaccio Pontebba | Holocène|