This page relates to the year 1120 Calendrier Julien.
- January 16th: Council of Nablus in the Kingdom of Jerusalem
- July 25th: A fire, during which are killed: 1200 people, destroyed the nave Carolingian of the Benedictine abbey Holy-Marie-Madeleine of Vézelay.
- November 25th: Shipwreck of the White-Nave transporting the heir to the throne of England, Guillaume Adelin and his continuation, with Barfleur. Nearly 300 noble Anglo-Normans perish in the catastrophe.
- nonwell informed or unknown Dates :
- Homage of the duke of Normandy to the king.
- Visit with Brioude of the Pope Calixte II.
- Vingttrois councils is held in France of 1120 with 1130.
- Battle of Cutanda gained by the Frank Aragoneses and their allies vis-a-vis a very strong Moslem army.
- Under the bishop Diego Gelmires, the sanctuary of Saint-Jacques-with-Compostelle becomes archbishop's palace.
- Foundation of Freiburg, Vilingen and Offenburg by the dukes of Zähringen in Black Forest.
Economy & company
- Rise of the Metallurgy of the Dining Copper to .
Art & culture
- Construction of Saint-Face of Périgueux.
- Construction of the bridge of the Turrets with Orleans (fine in 1140).
- Saint Norbert de Xanten founds the abbey of Prémontré, close to Laon, where an order of canons prédicants develops.
- Genji Monogatari emaki or “roller enluminé of the Known as of Genji ”, carried out with the Japan about 1120 - 1140. The choice of the scenes and the colors emphasizes the climate of this sentimental novel.
Births in 1120
Louis VII the Young person, king de France.
Death in 1120
|Random links:||Semiotics | Joe van Niekerk | Charles Vildrac | Moulay Ali Cherif | Luigi Motta | Huns|