This page relates to the year 1111 Calendrier Julien.
- October 5th: Baudouin becomes Count de Flandre (fine in 1118).
- October 8th: Solemn dedication of the Notre-Dame Cathedral of Doms to Avignon, by the bishop Rostaing II, in the presence of 35 bishops brought together in provincial council.
- Revolt of the middle-class men of Laon against the bishop Gaudry in order to obtain communal freedom. The bishop is assassinated the April 24th 1112.
- Campaigns of Louis VI the Large against Henri Ier, Thibaut de Champagne, the lord of Puiset (1111 - 1112) and the count of Meulan. This last retorts by devastating the palate of the city with Paris.
- Alexis Ier Comnène grants a privilege to Pisa which obtains a district with Constantinople and a limitation of the customs duties to 4%.
- the Almoravides take Saragossa in Spain.
- has Sahagún in León, a country revolt, led by a knight, enters the city, plunders the juderia and kills the Juifs.
The Middle East
- March 17th: With died of Bohémond de Tarente, prince d' Antioche, his nephew Tancrède de Hauteville denounces the stipulations of Traité of Déabolis (1108) signed with Byzance.
Baudouin Ier of Jerusalem takes Ascalon. Revolt city and massacres franque garrison.
Births in 1111
Death in 1111
- October 5th: Robert II of Flanders dies in the combat close to Meaux at the sides of the king and against the count of Blois, combined of king d' Angleterre.
- nonwell informed or unknown Dates :
Al-Ghazali, Moslem lawyer.
|Random links:||Emile Lahoud | Ian McDiarmid | Roberto Livingston la anciano | Doctors spin | Park of Poissy - Talbot Quay | Kimberly-Clark Corporation | Hindouisme|