This page relates to the year 1110 Calendrier Julien.
- January 24th: the Moslem army is crushed with the Bataille of Valtierra (Spain).
- France: The king Louis VI obtains the tender of his half-brother Philippe de Montlhéry, the son of Bertrade de Montfort, and of many lords of the Île-de-France.
- the service of ost of king de France Louis VI is victorious with Gisors against the king of England Henri Ier of England.
- Adolphe Ier de Schaumburg becomes count of Holstein.
The Middle East
- February: The Francs besiege Beirut. Its 5000 inhabitants resist bitterly, destroying one after the other the wood turns of besieging. The city falls the May 13rd and its population is massacred for the example.
the Atabey of Mosul Maudoud is sent by the sultan against Edesse. The city is saved by Baudouin Ier of Jerusalem, but it is necessary to evacuate the populations of the east of the Euphrate which are massacred in way.
- the king of Norway Sigurd Ier arrives out of Holy Land with more than sixty vessels charged combatants (be). Baudouin Ier goes to its meeting and they put together the seat in front of Saïda (Sidon). The city, which fears to receive the fate of Beirut, goes the December 4th.
- December 4th: Catch of Sidon by the crusaders; Its inhabitants exile themselves towards Tyr and Damas, which abounds already in refugees.
Art & culture
Life of Kyrillos de Philêa.
Births in 1110
Death in 1110
- Bahya ibn Paquda, philosopher Séfarade neoplatonician of Saragossa (born in 1040).
|Random links:||Cuarto consejo de Constantinople | Gilbert Meyer | Sindebele | Ecomobility | Chemillé | Angela Bofill | Service_SVP|