This page relates to the year 1109 Calendrier Julien.
- August 14th: Battle of Głogów between the Germanic Roman empire and Poland.
- September 21st: Beginning of the reign of Vladislav Ier of Bohemia.
- October: Urraca wife Alphonse Ier d' Aragon
- the Castilians take again Tolède.
- the Almoravide Ali ibn Yussuf is surrounded hostile spiritual advisers with Andalusian Islam. In 1109, the book of the philosopher Al-Ghazali on “ the restoration of religious sciences ” is flaring publicly with Cordoue. The intransigent Malikisme of Ali and his advisers also makes victims among the Juifs and the Christians living on the territories controlled by the Moslems.
- Ibn Tumart, founder of the movement Almohade, attends the destruction of the works of Ghazali. It adopts the theological ideas of Ghazali, then goes to Baghdad to meet other theologists.
- April 14th: Foulque V becomes count d' Anjou.
- Conflict between Louis VI of France and Henri Ier of England in connection with the Vexin and for the possession of the fortresses of the lower valley of the Seine.
- Alphonse the Jordan becomes count de Toulouse (fine in 1148).
- the commune of Noyon is confirmed by Louis VI of France. Commune of Beauvais.
The close East & Arab World
- July 12th: Catch of Tripoli.
- the cross take Tripoli and Beirut.
- Foundation of the County of Tripoli (fine in 1289). It obtains from Damascènes the division of the receipts of the flat rich person of the Beqa, between the Lebanon and the Anti Lebanon.
Arts & culture
Sciences & technology
Births in 1109
Death in 1109
- April 21st: holy Anselme, theologist and philosopher (born in Aoste v. 1033), archbishop of Canterbury. Influenced by Plato and holy Augustin, it tries to include/understand the Christian faith in the light of the reason ( Monologium and Proslogium ) and seeks to interpret rationally the dogma of the Incarnation ( Cur Deus homo ).
- April 28th: Hugues of Cluny.
- June 30th: Alphonse VI of Castille.
- September 21st: Svatopluk Ier of Bohemia
Map-bms: 1109 Simple: 1109
|Random links:||Wang Li | Pipinae | The Community of communes of Coglais | Barrel with reversible wrench with drilling | The Clock (film, 1945) | Bordeaux_de_Henry|