This page relates to the year 1107 Calendrier Julien.
- Voyage of the pope Pascal II in Francie where it meets Philippe Ier de France and his/her Louis son. Pursuant to the ideas professed by the canonist Yves of Chartres, the bishops of the kingdom will be elected by the clergy and by the people but the king will have level in the event of vacancy of one évêché.
Rupture of engagement of Louis VI the Large to the girl of GUI of Rochefort.
Foundation of the priory Notre-Dame d' Orsan by Robert d' Arbrissel.
- Beginning of the crossing of the Europe of Sigurd Ier of Norway towards the Palestine (fine in 1111).
the Concordat of Westminster puts an end to the quarrel Investiture S in England.
- Henri Ier Beauclerc is opposed to holy Anselme, archbishop of Canterbury, in connection with the question of the nominations. The king ends up giving up the nomination by the stick and the ring, but requires bishops an oath of fidelity.
- Abolition of the habit of the ducal ground attribution to the heirs to the throne in Hungary.
- the Norman one of Sicily Bohémond de Tarente, prince of Antioche, returned to occident in 1104, unloads in Albania and attacks Durazzo. Encircled, it must accept in September 1108 the treaty of Déabolis which makes of him vassal of the emperor of the East for part of the territory of Antioche.
The Middle East
- Kilitch-Arslan, called by the inhabitants of Mosul, enters the city and made there proclaim sultan. Overcome by Muhammed Ier, it must be folded up but drowns while crossing a river.
- the emir of Mosul Jekermish is reversed by a Turkish adventurer, Jawali. This last releases Baudouin II of Edesse and concluded with him an alliance. Baudouin goes to Antioche and claims with Tancrède its stronghold of Edesse. This one refuses. Baudouin leaves Antioche to make his junction with his Jawali ally. Tancrède follows it and tries of to prevent it. In spite of some fixings, the two men meet after each combat to eat together and chatter! A mediation of the patriarch of Antioche decides between the two frank chiefs. Baudouin recovers his stronghold. Returned in Edesse, it releases the Moslem prisoners, going even until carrying out one of its Christian civils servant who had publicly insulted Islam. Ridwan of Alep is combined then to the Master of Antioche against the coalition of the emir de Mossoul and the count d' Edesse.
Births in 1107
Henri II Jasomirgott, Count Palatine of the Rhine, duke of Bavaria and margrave then duke of Austria.
Death in 1107
Semi Fu, calligrapher and landscape designer Chinese, author of the treaty Hooted Shi on the Peinture.
|Random links:||Conchy-on-Canche | Invertebrates on stamps of Afars and Issas | Philip Warwick | -819 | The Community of agglomeration of Saint-Raphaël Frejus | Cut Europe of the nations of athletics 1994 | Crime_de_haine|