This page relates to the year 1099 Calendrier Julien.
The Middle East
- First crusade
- January 13rd: Destruction of Maarat.
- January 28th: Taken of Hosn-el-Akrad, “the citadel of the Kurds” by Raymond of Saint-Gilles, who will become 40 years later the “Krak of the Knights”.
- February 14th - May 13rd: Raymond of Saint-Gilles besieges Arqa which resists.
- May 19th: The Crusaders cross the river of the Dog, in the north of Beirut and penetrate in territory Fatimide.
- June 7th: Head office of Jerusalem.
- July 15th: Catch of Jerusalem, formation of the Kingdom of Jerusalem (fine in 1187). The Muslim population of the city is massacred during two days. The Juifs are burned alives in the synagog where they had taken refuge.
- August 12th: Victoire of crossed on the Egyptians with Ascalon.
- confused Fights in the area of Antioche between Bohémond de Tarente, Norman prince of Antioche, the Byzantines, who assert the territory, and Moslems of Syria (1099 - 1104).
- communal Revolution with Beauvais.
Art & culture
Births in 1099
Death in 1099
Be-X-old: 1099 Map-bms: 1099 Simple: 1099
|Random links:||Rokia Traoré | Ferry Ier de Vaudémont | Calleva Atrebatum | Zach Lund | Catherine Matausch | Exercice_financier_Nhadau_de_Wlad_de_poule|