This page relates to the year 1096 Calendrier Julien.
The Middle East
- the Saljûqide Sanjar, oldest son of Malik Shah Ier obtains the Khorasan (fine in 1157).
- the call to the crusade, addressed especially to the nobility of the south of the Loire, from where Urbain II is resulting largely exceeds this framework: to Provençaux are added Godefroi de Bouillon, duke of Low-Lotharingie and his/her brother Baudouin of Boulogne, Hugues de Vermandois, brother of the king Philippe Ier de France, with French and Champagne knights and the group led by Robert II of Normandy, who sells his duchy to his brother Guillaume II the Russet-red and Etienne of Blois. The departure is fixed at the August 15th. Bohémond de Tarente, with the news of these departures, also decides him to cross and passes the Adriatique with a small army.
- Urbain II sermon the crusade in Anjou with the beginning of the year.
- the Christians massacre 12 000 Jews in Europe.
- April 12th: The Crusade of the poor, or popular Crusade, arrives at Cologne.
- : The popular Crusade led by Pierre the Hermit and Gautier Sans-Avoir arrives at Constantinople at the time or shakes the crusade of the lords. The August 6th, it arrives in Asia Mineure.
- October 21st: The popular Croisade It is massacred with Civitot by the Seldjoukides and the rare survivors are brought back to Constantinople by the Byzantine .
- At the same time, the troops of the lords arrive at Constantinople. The crusaders are constrained to lend Serment of allegiance to the Byzantine emperor (December).
- November 11th: Othon becomes count of Habsbourg.
- November 19th: Pierre Ier d' Aragon gains the Bataille of Alcoraz. It conquers Huesca.
- Attack of Kiev by the Coumans which are victorious.
- the king of the Denmark Erik Ejegod goes to Rome.
- Of the inhabitants of the the Orkneys takes part in the First Crusade.
- In order to leave in crusade, Godefroy de Bouillon sells its field of Bouillon with the Prince-bishop of Liege.
- Institution of said in Iceland, which ensures the financial independence of the Church compared to the godhar. The quarter of said versed by the owners goes to the godhi, owner of the local church. The remainder serves to cover the expenses of maintains the priests and operation as évêché.
Art & culture
- Robert II of Bellême, Viscount of Exmes, Count de Ponthieu and of Shrewsbury, powerful Anglo-Norman feudatory, makes begin construction from the Château of Gisors.
With the Council of Pavia, Urbain II interdict with the women and too young people to cross.
- Foundation of the first university in Salerno.
- In Russia, new compilation of the Chronicles.
- provisional Closing of the diocese of Rostov with died of its Isaïe bishop.
Births in 1096
Al Idrissi, cartographer and Arab of North Africa
- Etienne of Blois, future geographer count de Mortain and of Boulogne, king d' Angleterre of 1135 with 1154.
Death in 1096
Map-bms: 1096 Simple: 1096
|Random links:||Alberton (Island-of-Prince-Edouard) | Canton of Thionville-West | Christopher Robinson | Casalborgone | Nikki Tyler | Chirurgie_générale|