This page relates to the year 1073 Calendrier Julien.
- Revision of the land register in China. The same quantity of ground is allotted to each peasant.
- January 18th: Beginning of the reign of Shirakawa, emperor of the Japan (fine in 1086). He manages to find the reality of the capacity.
- Reign of the emperors cloisters to the Japan (fine in 1156). The system of the insei , the “withdrawn emperor”, is a kind of administration parallel, organized around an emperor who, officially, withdraws himself in a monastery from where, in theory private of any capacity, it directs its customers. It is permissible for him to help, but also to counter the reigning emperor or the other withdrawn emperors.
The Middle East
- the caliph Fatimide Al-Mustansir Billah restores the order in Syria where local dynasties and emirs Turkish constituted themselves in independent kingdoms.
- a Land reform Turkish removes the great property in Asia Mineure.
- April 22nd: Beginning of the Pontificate of Gregoire VII (fine in 1086). It succeeds Alexandre II. Hildebrand, reformer is carried to pontificate by the popular wave (Gregorian Réforme). Beginning of the Quarrel of the laic Nominations.
- general Rising of the Saxony (fine in 1075).
- Forwarding of Eble de Roucy in Aragon against the Moors.
- First mention of Nancy, capital of the Duchy of Lorraine.
- Robert Guiscard seizes the duchy of Amalfi.
- Byzance request a military aid with the pope Gregoire VII against the Norman ones.
- Iziaslav Ier is driven out of Kiev by his/her brothers. It takes refuge in Poland, then in Germany where it asks without success the assistance of the pope Gregoire VII.
- First collection of Sviatoslav.
Births in 1073
Death in 1073
Antoine of the Caves, spiritual founder of the first Russian monastery.
- Zhou Dunyi (Tcheou Touen-yi), philosopher Chinese néoconfucéen (born in 1017).
- Martyr of Leonce (Leontius), bishop of Rostov, assassinated during a pagan revolt.
Be-X-old: 1073 Map-bms: 1073 Simple: 1073
|Random links:||Angilbert | Halley's Comet | Philippe of Saint-pol. | Andrés Gómez | Azcapotzalco | Jim Breen | L'espace_de_Hilbert|