This page relates to the year 1063 Calendrier Julien.
- the Hammadide year-Nasir ibn Alnas founds Bougie.
- the Almoravides of Youssef Ibn Tachfin take Fès, then conquer the Morocco and the west Algérie N (fine in 1082).
The Middle East
- September 4th: Beginning of the reign of Alp Arslan (“ the white Lion ”), Sultan saljûqide of Baghdad (fine in 1072).
- Alp-Arslan succeeds his/her uncle Toghrul-Beg. It eliminates its candidates Kavurd from the Kerman and Kutulmuch.
- the Persan vizier Nizãm Al-Mulk (“ Ordre of the Kingdom ”, 1018 - 1092) consolidates the capacity of Saljûqides, which is devoted to military operations and give up the administration to him. It is surrounded civils servant originating in the Khorasan and maintains positive ratios with the Caliph and his entourage.
the army of Saljûqides holds its force of the mobility of its cavalry (from 46 to 70.000 men). To maintain it, the system of the Iqtâ (concessions) is wide.
- June: Catch of Barbastro by Guillaume VIII of Poitiers.
- “Crusade” of Barbastro. For the first time of the troops from France - ordered by Guillaume VIII of Aquitaine - and from Italy intervene in Spain in the Reconquista, with the call of the pope. The town of Barbastro, in the valley of the Èbre, is taken in June. The city becomes again Moslem the following year.
- Of 1063 with 1120, more than 20 French forwardings will come to assistance of the Spanish Christians.
- September 11th: Beginning of the reign of Solomon Ier (1051 - 1087), king of Hungary (fine in 1074).
- Béla Ier of Hungary must yield its throne to Solomon Ier, wire of André Ier, supported by the Germans.
- Raid of Pisa against Palermo.
- the pope Alexandre II declares just the fight “ against those which persecute the Christians and drive out them of their cities” and grants the forgiveness of their faults to the combatants. The king of Aragon and the Norman count Roger Ier of Sicily become “faithful of saint Pierre ” following their fights against the Moslems.
- Guillaume of Normandy makes the conquest of the Comté of Maine.
- Lanfranc is named first abbot of the founded abbey of Saint-Etienne to Caen by Guillaume II of Normandy.
- Hoël, wire of the count of Cornwall Alain Canhiart, becomes count of Nantes with died of his/her mother Judith of Nantes.
Art & culture
- the construction of the Cathédrale of Pisa begins.
- Beginning of the construction of the Basilica Saint-Marc with Venice (fine in 1096).
- the the Pantheon of the kings is built in León on order of Ferdinand Ier.
- Kathâsaritsâgara ( Ocean of the river of the tales ), together of 350 tales joined together by the Brahman cachemirien Somadeva between 1063 and 1081.
- the Saljûqides build Mosquée S, Caravansérail S and Pont S.
Births in 1063
Death in 1063
September 11th: Béla Ier, king de Hongrie, born about 1016.
Be-X-old: 1063 Map-bms: 1063
|Random links:||Grens | Treasury | International college of Saint-Germain-in-Bush hammer | Jerry McCain | Doylestown Township | Télévision_à_haute_définition|