This page relates to the year 1054 Calendrier Julien.
The Middle East
- the Seldjoukides invade the Georgia and the Arménie;
- the Fatimides benefit from the weakness of the Buyides and try to seize Baghdad via Basasiri, a Turkish former general with the service of Buyides (1054 - 1058). Forwarding fails in front of the Turks of Toghrul-Beg.
- the Almoravides seize Aoudaghost and the partisans of the tounka drive out some Ghana. It control the main road commercial of gold;
- Food shortage in Egypt due to the insufficient ones believed of the the Nile; disorders (1054 - 1055).
- February 20th: Beginning of the reign of Iziaslav Ier, prince of Kiev. The will of Iaroslav Wise the draws aside Vseslav of Polotsk, its great nephew, and Rostislav of Novgorod, its grandson which foments disorders;
- Apogee of the principality of Kiev;
- July 16th: Great schism of the East :
- Embassy with Constantinople of the cardinal Humbert de Moyenmoûtier, legate of the Pope, to negotiate alliance antinormande in Italy of the South. Quarrel between Humbert and Michel Cérulaire on minor subjects (the debate relates to the jurisdiction on certain churches of Italy of the South and the authority of the patriarch on the Latin churches of Constantinople);
- Michel Cérulaire, patriarch of Constantinople is excommunicated with Holy-Sophie by Humbert de Moyenmoûtier the July 14th;
- a popular riot bursts, that the Byzantine emperor is unable to contain. It makes flee the papal legates;
- a synod of Michel Cérulaire proclaims the anathema of the legates;
- the pope Leon IX is excommunicated by Michel Cérulaire;
- These Excommunication S marks today symbolically the beginning of the Great Schism of the East, separation between the Catholic church and the orthodoxe Église, which became final after the bag of Constantinople at the time of the Fourth crusade in 1204. So far, each one claims to be single Sainte Catholic church and Apostolic and denies with the other this title (although since the Concile Vatican II bringings together within the framework of the oecumenism exist).
- Ferdinand Ier de Castille triumph of the Navarreses with Atapuerca, close to Burgos and keep silent their king García IV;
- Beginning of the reign of Sanche IV, king of Navarre (fine in 1076).
- September 8th: The synod of Narbonne codifies the truce and the Paix of God and prohibits the private wars. He issues that “ which kills a Christian, pours the blood of Christ ”. The movement of peace, born in France of the South, extends at the end of the century to the Spain, the Anglo-Norman kingdom, the Germanie and the Italy;
- Robert Guiscard, made duke of Apulie and Calabria by the pope, is invited to take the Sicily with the Arabs.
- With Milan, the Patarins (loqueteux), recruited in popular environments, in favor of the reform of the clergy, continues the clerks simoniaques and married, draw up themselves against the high clergy and help with the moral raising of the clergy (1054 - 1085);
- William the Conqueror wife Mathilde of Flanders (or 1052).
- the Silesia, coveted by the Czechs, is taken again by the Poland.
- Creation of the diocese of Péréïaslav;
- the Coumans (Kiptchak or Polovtses) are announced to the north of the Black Sea ( Dest-i Kiptchak ).
Sciences & technology
- July 4th: A supernova is observed close to the star ζ Tauri. The event is noted in the collections Chinese and the pottery Amerindian. During several months, it remains sufficiently luminous to be visible in full day. The vestiges of this explosion are still visible today: it is the Nébuleuse Crab.
Births in 1054
- Hariri, Arab writer (death in 1122), author of maqamat.
Death in 1054
Be-X-old: 1054 Map-bms: 1054
|Random links:||Jean Daurand | SinfonÃa No. 22 (Haydn) | Integrated optics | Roselyn Sánchez | District of Xuanhua | Olivier Proulx | Ordres_saints|