This page relates to the year 1051 Calendrier Julien.
- Beginning of the Civil war Last nine Year old with the Japan. It is the beginning of the rise of the Samurai S (fine in 1062);
- the Seldjoukides seize Ispahan and part of the Iraq.
- May 19th: The king Henri Ier of France Marie with Anne of Kiev to Rheims;
- Oddon becomes count de Savoie with dead of his/her brother Amédée Ier of Savoy, without heirs, and extends its States by its marriage with Adélaïde de Suse, heiress of Turin in Piedmont (1046);
- Edouard the Confessor, without descent, designates as successors Guillaume of Normandy, then the count of Wessex Harold Godwinson (1053). Norwegian Harold Hadrada claims also the succession;
- Hilarion is named métropolite of Kiev thanks to Iaroslav Wise the, but without the agreement of Constantinople (fine in 1054).
Arts & culture
- Drafting of the oldest parts of Russian justice, the Rousskaïa Pravda (the Russian Truth);
- Foundation of the monasteries of Saint-Georges, Holy-Irene and Saint-Démétrios, with Kiev;
- Monastery of the Caves of Kiev: The hermit Antoine, originating in Tchernigov, settles in one of the caves of the hill of Kiev, after a long stay with the Mont Athos.
Births in 1051
Death in 1051
|Random links:||Cadwallader Colden | Anthropotomy | Books of the South | BalÃstica | Villiers-with-crows | Treaty of Svalbard | Hugo_Gernsback|