This page relates to the year 1046 Calendrier Julien.
The Middle East
victorious Walk of Henri III on Rome which relieves three Pape S.
- December 20th: With the Synod of Sutri, the emperor Henri III unties a conflict within papacy and imposes the reforming pope Clément II. The elections of Sylvestre III and Benoît IX are broken. Henri III puts papacy under his supervision by imposing German bishops. He recognizes the conquests Normans in Italy. It is the beginning of a vast movement of reform connected with the church…
- December 24th: Beginning of the Pontificate of Clement II (Suidger de Morsleben and Hornburg, bishop of Bamberg) (fine in 1047).
- December 25th: Henri III and Agnès (girl of Guillaume V of Aquitaine) receive the imperial sacring.
- Beginning of the reign of Harald III Haardraade (the Severe one) (fine in 1066).
- Revolt in Norway. Harald Sigurdsson Haardraade constrained its nephew Magnus Ier to yield half of Norway to him.
Art & culture
- Dedication of abbey of Holy-Gertrude of Bubbles in Belgium.
- First known example of liege Homage by which the Vassal promises a complete faith with the one of its lords.
Births in 1046
Death in 1046
Be-X-old: 1046 Map-bms: 1046 Simple: 1046
|Random links:||Paragraph mark | Ableiges | New Cutey Honey | M.J. Loheed | Manokwari | Cheval|