This page relates to the year 1034 Calendrier Julien.
- Raid of Pisa against Bône.
- April 11th: Beginning of the reign of Michel IV Paphlagonien, Byzantine Emperor (fine in 1041).
- Romain III is unable to defend the empire vis-a-vis the Moslems. He is assassinated in his bath on order of his wife Zoe Porphyrogénète the day of the Maundy Thursday. Zoe raises with the empire her Michel lover Paphlagonien and the wife. This one, epileptic and incompetent, will leave the capacity to his/her brother eunuque the Jean Orphanotrophe which will strip the military nobility to enrich its family. The emperor devotes himself to the religion. Zoe, forsaken, will vainly try to make assassinate the eunuque Jean.
- May 10th: Interregnum in Poland (fine in 1039): Monarchical crisis with died of Mieszko II. Large the, eager ones to continue the conquests, raise themselves. In same time, a pagan revolt of the peasants bursts. The kingdom of Poland is dislocated. Casimir, wire of Mieszko II, must take refuge in Germany (end in 1039). Old a wine waiter of the court constitutes the autonomous territory of Mazovie, in north, and of the country around Płock, while the king of Bohemia Bretislav Ier devastation Large Poland, transplanting many its inhabitants in his country. The coastal regions of the Poméranie of Szczecin and Gdańsk make secession, turn over to paganism and destroy évêché of Kołobrzeg.
- November 9th: Beginning of the reign of Bretislav Ier, duke of Bohemia (fine in 1055).
- Treated between Iaroslav Wise the and Byzance: the Russian Church recognizes the jurisdiction of the patriarch of Constantinople (the existence of this treaty is disputed).
: The Royaume of Burgundy is joined together with the Germanic Roman Empire after the defeat of Eudes II of Blois.
- November 25th: Beginning of the reign of Duncan Ier, king of Scotland (fine in 1040).
- the king of Scotland (Alba) Malcolm II designates its Duncan grandson for successor, breaking with the tradition picte where the capacity was transmitted by the women.
Art & culture
Births in 1034
Death in 1034
- April 11th: Romain III Argyre, Byzantine Emperor assassinated by his wife Zoe.
- May 10th: Mieszko II Lambert of Poland is assassinated.
- November 9th: Ulrich of Bohemia.
- November 25th: Malcolm II of Scotland.
Map-bms: 1034 Simple: 1034
|Random links:||Merchants | HRB | Cursor (interface) | 1626 with the theater | The Primitive ones of XIIIe | Îles_de_Hawar|