This page relates to the year 1025 Calendrier Julien.
Forwarding of Rajendra on the kingdom of Sriwijaya in the south of Sumatra. This attack weakens Sriwijaya, allowing the rise of Java Is under the reign of the king Airlangga. Sriwijaya is raised without never managing to find its last power. It declines slowly at the 12th century, and at the next century, it is eclipsed by the kingdom of Singosari in Java East.
The Middle East and Muslim world
- Arslan-Israïl, wire of Saldjük is overcome and captured by Mahmud de Ghazni. Its troops, deportees with the Khorasan, engage near the kinglets of Azerbaïdjan against the Arménie NS of Ani and the Byzantines. The Saljûqides Tchagri beg and Toghrul-Beg, small wire of Saldjük, leave then their bases of the Khârezm and advance towards the Khorasan.
- April 18th: Boleslas Ier Valiant the, benefitting from the disorders in Germany, is made crown king de Pologne with the assent of the the Holy See.
- June 17th: Beginning of the reign of Mieszko II Indolent the, king of Poland (fine in 1034). It loses almost all the totality of the conquests of his Boleslas father and recognizes Germanic suzerainty.
- December 15th, Byzantine Empire: Constantin VIII Porphyrogénète, the brother of Basile II, remains only emperor and lets control eunuques palate or senior officials who crush the small agricultural properties by heavy taxes.
- the bishop clunisien transfers the episcopal see from Iria Flavia (Padrón) to Saint-Jacques-with-Compostelle.
- Bubble of exception for the order of Cluny, which concerns directly consequently the the Holy See and not the bishop of Mâcon.
- the principality of Kiev is divided between Iaroslav Wise the and its brother Mstislav the Brave man, prince de Tmoutarakan. Iaroslav controls Kiev and the west of the Dniepr, Mstislav Tchernigov and is.
- Byzance occupies Messine.
- Raids of the Petchenègues against Sirmium between 1025 and 1036.
Arts and culture
- Life of Holy Marie the Young person.
- the king Rajendra Ier Chola of Tanjore employs 400 crowned dancers ( devadâsî ) and six hundred members of various professions (painter, stone masons, priest, servant, tradesman).
Births in 1025
Death in 1025
- June 17th: Boleslas Ier Valiant the, king de Pologne.
- September 17th: Hugues, oldest son of Robert II the Piles.
- December 15th: Basile II Bulgaroctone, Byzantine Emperor.
- Death of the Persan poet Firdawsi, author of the Shâh Nâmâ recalling the history of the Persian origins with the Arab conquest.
Map-bms: 1025 Simple: 1025
|Random links:||Cacatuini | Vineyard of Gaillac | The Santaroga Barrier | The Community of communes of Cabardès Black Mountain | Patrick Fandio | Herbert_Hoover|