This page relates to the year 1016 Calendrier Julien.
- April 3rd: Battle of Nesjar (or 1015). Olaf II Haraldsson takes again Norway with the Danes. It unifies Norway after its victory over the jarl Sveinn and the other united chiefs with Nesjar, then is established with Nidarós (Trondheim). The work of unification is related to a systematic and effective conversion campaign to Christianity.
- Beginning of the reign of Olaf II Haraldsson, known as the Large one, king of Norway (fine in 1030). It supports the conversion of Gutnar, inhabitants of the island of Gotland.
- April 23rd - November 30th: Reign of Edmond II Coast-of-Iron (Ironside, 981 -1016), king d' Angleterre.
- With died of Ethelred II, the Danes try to besiege London without success. Edmond Ironside tries to dislodge them, in vain. He manages to surprise the army of Knud with Otford, and the bldg.
- October 18th: Knud takes its revenge on the Londoners of Edmond to the Bataille of Ashington in the Essex, thanks to the treason of Eadric Streona. Master of the England, Knud composes with Edmond who remains threatening by conceding the Essex to him.
- November 30th: Beginning of the reign of the king Knud (Silk worker) the Large one in England. It is about a king Danish (fine in 1035).
- the Église institutes the “Paix of God” to restrict the private war and to protect priests, pilgrims and peasants. This measurement enters within the framework of the will of the Church to channel the warlike violence of noble, causes number of disorders. It acted, in fact, to limit the warlike activity to certain exact moments. The “Truce of God” also enters within this framework.
- the conquest of the Burgundy, started in 1003, is completed by Robert II the Piles, king de France.
- the Musulmans are driven out of Sardinia by the Pisans.
- Approximately 250 Norman directed by the 5 brothers Quarrel, Osmond, Rainulf, Asclettin, Giselbert and Raulf, arrive in Italy of the South at the call of the prince lombard Gaimar of Salerno in the capacity as Mercenaire S against the Byzantine of Apulie. After hard combat with Cane, they are however overcome by the Byzantine forces (formed in particular of famous the Garde varangienne).
- the emperor Basile II sends a fleet against the Khazars to support the Russians.
Science & technology
Births in 1016
Harold, wire of Knud, future king of England
Death in 1016
- November 30th: Edmond II of England
|Random links:||Quarter | Object Request Broker | The Fantastic Baggies | LFT | Ain Me lila | Hobart|