This page relates to the year 1014 Calendrier Julien.
- Beginning of the reign of Rajendra Ier, king of Chola in India of the South (fine in 1044). It consolidates the work of his father Rajaraja. It successfully attacks the Orissa and the Bengal. After two forwarding maritime, it receives the tender of Ceylon (1018), of Java, Palembang and the Malaysia (1024).
- Mahmud de Ghazni takes Thanesar, tries without success to conquer the Cachemire, then destroyed the temple of Mathurâ.
- February 3rd: Taken London by the Danes of Sven Ier of Denmark, which dies in the combat with Gainsborough). His/her son Knut, 18 years old, succeeds to him. The Large ones of the kingdom send a delegation in Normandy near Ethelred II of England to invite it to take again its throne. Supported by mercenaries Vikings, it constrained Knut to be beaten a retreat and to gain the Denmark, after having made cut hands, ears and nose with the hostages whom he had been made give.
- April 23rd: Battle of Clontarf: the king d' Irlande Brian Boru stops the Viking S and the hunting of the island, putting an end to the Danish domination in Ireland.
- July 29th: Victoire of Basile II with Stoumitza (Cimbalougou) on the Bulgarian ones with the Battle of the Master key of Kleidion. The troops of Alexis Xiphias make captive the Bulgarian army. Samuel Ier of Bulgaria escapes: 15 000 prisoners have the burst eyes and the hands cut except for 150, which are disbudded to be able to guide the others near the Samuel tsar, who dies of sorrow two days afterwards. The Bulgaria passes under Byzantine domination .
- Iaroslav, wire of Vladimir Ier and prince of Novgorod refuses to pay the tribute which it owes with the State of Kiev.
Economy & company
the merchants Tamouls establish counters with Java, Sumatra and in Malaysia. The king Chola Rajendra Ier dominates the Indian Ocean until the islands of the Probe, diverting with his profit the trade native of the Far East thanks to the safety which it ensures the sea routes.
- the vote by bulletin put in a ballot box (only the untouchable ones do not vote) develops in the empire Chola for the election of the councils of village. The social life is organized around the temple, which centralizes the religious activities, morals, economic and charitable.
- At the beginning of the 11th century, Novgorod sends its men to until the Petchora. The area of Zavoloch' E, in the east of the Dvina, conceals foxes and sables for which it is necessary to pay tribute. The colonists reside at Matygory, Ukhto-Ostrov, receiving their instructions of the civils servant of Novgorod, the posadniki.
Science & technology
- First certificate of antivariolar vaccination in China.
- the Arab scientist Al Hassan discovers that the propagation of the Lumière is not instantaneous.
Art & culture
- Construction of a new chorus and bell-tower-carries to abbey of Saint-Germain-of-Meadows to Paris.
- a historical Dictionnaire Chinese in 1000 volumes is completed.
Births in 1014
Death in 1014
- April 23rd: Brian Boru, king d' Irlande, with the Battle of Clontarf.
Be-X-old: 1014 Map-bms: 1014
|Random links:||Saint-Setiers | List publications by editors - 6 feet under ground - has | Marie Hélia | Interplanetary flight | Dumbarton (New Brunswick) | Numéros_hébreux|