This page relates to the year 1003 Calendrier Julien.
- victorious Attack of the Danish against the England.
- Of 1003 with 1005, the Danes multiply the attacks on England. Many cities are put at bag (Exeter, Wilton, Salisbury, Norwich, Thetford…). Only the Anglo-Danish Ulfkell Skilling resists victoriously.
- the Venetian ones push back the Moslems out of the Canal of Otranto (1002 -1003). The Adriatique becomes a Venetian lake.
- Raid buckwheat on the islands of Lérins in France.
Marriage of the king de France Robert II with Constancy of Arles (986-1032), girl of the count de Provence Guillaume.
Boleslas Ier of Poland subjects the Moravie (1003 - 1029), the Slovakia (1003 - 1029) and the Bohemia (1003 - 1005) of which the weather is captive the duke Boleslav III. He proclaims duke of Bohemia. The emperor Henri II opposes and declares it that the throne of Bohemia is a stronghold dependant on him.
the Transylvania is attached to the kingdom of Hungary. The Greek métropolite must leave the country and yield the place to a bishop of Latin rite.
Arts & culture
- In India, the king Chola Rajaraja makes build the Temple of Brihadesvara of Tanjavûr (Tanjore), dedicated to Siva, of pyramidal type carved (fine in 1010).
anglo-Latin Grammar of Aelfric.
Births in 1003
Death in 1003
Be-X-old: 1003 Map-bms: 1003 Simple: 1003
|Random links:||Purpura rhumatoïde | Cocoshaker | Christ Illusion | Paul McCreesh | IDIOT | Théorème_de_la_base_de_Hilbert|