This page relates to the year 1000 Calendrier Julien.
This year is also called the An Millet .
- First discovered of America by the Viking Leif Erikson wire of Érik the Red.
Asia and Indian world
March 15th: The Church of Poland recognizes the authority of the pope Sylvestre II, which creates a national Church: Poland is made up in autonomous ecclesiastical province with Gniezno like archbishop's palace. She escapes the Germanic ambitions thus. Saint Adalbert of Prague becomes the owner of Poland.
- Foundation of évêchés of Cracow (Krakow), of Breslau (Wrocław, in Silesia) and of Kolberg in Poméranie.
- July: Beginning of the reign of Sanche III of Navarre, also called Sancho III Bitchy girls , Sanche Large the or Sancho III el Mayor , king de Navarre, which will dominate all the Christian Spain (end in 1035).
- August 20th: Etienne Ier imposes Christianity in Hungary.
- September 9th: Victoire of Sven Ier of Denmark and Olof Skötkonung on Olaf Tryggvason, king of Norway at the time of the naval action of Svolner (Øresund). Olaf Tryggvason is thrown in the sea and its kingdom is divided between Sven and Olav Skötkonung. Norway loses its independence. The jarl of Lade, adversary of Olav Trygvesson, reigns only on part of the country. Christianity loses ground.
- December 25th: Beginning of the reign of Etienne Ier, king of Hungary (fine in 1038).
- Etienne Ier, wire of Géza is crowned the day of Christmas with a crown sent by the pope Sylvestre II, with the assent of the emperor Otton III. The crown is brought by the legate Aserik, or Anastase, future archbishop of Esztergom. Another prelate, Domonkos, first Hungarian bishop, take part in the ceremony.
- Arrived Christian missionaries in Iceland in 998 or 1000. The German priest Thorbrandr is sent by the king of Norway Olaf Tryggvason, and tries to convert the country by the force. He is rejected and must leave the country. King Olav would have threatened to then keep as an hostage wire of important Icelandic in Norway, and returns Thorbrandr in Iceland so that he speaks in front of the Althing (assembled democratic). Two parties are formed and are close clashing. Finally, each of the two parties indicates its lögsögumadhr at the assembly. The chief of the Christian clan Hallr indicates the pagan lögsögumadhr to say the law for the whole of the community. After time for consideration, Christianity is accepted like official religion by Althing. All Iceland is then made baptize.
- the Icelanders should not publicly express any more their attachment with the old habit. The godhar , chief of clans or district and hitherto pagan priests, are seen entrusting the responsibility to build churches with their expenses and to ensure the continuity of the worship ( godharkirkja ). They are done themselves to devote priests or designate an young man whom they make inform as remunerated priest ( leiguprestar ).
- Domination of Venice on the Dalmatie and the Istrie. Venice destroys the Slavic pirates of the estuary of the Neretva. The doge Pietro II Orseolo proclaims duke of the Dalmatian ones.
- the marquisat of Moravie becomes Polish possession.
- Reconnaissance of the royalty of Boleslas Valiant the by the emperor of the Saint Worsens Otton III at the time of the meeting of Gniezno.
- Exchange of embassies between the pope Sylvestre II and the prince Vladimir Ier of Kiev (1000 - 1001).
- Creation of the dioceses of Belgorod and Novgorod. The diocese of Tchernigov is created shortly after when the city becomes the residence of Mstislav, brother of Iaroslav.
Arts and culture
- Legend of terrors of ''' the year millet ''' in Occident, connection with an aspect of monastic preaching and certain forms of the iconography. The End of the world is imminent and the fishermen make penitence: it is “Great fear”.
Births in 1000
- Constantin IX, Byzantine emperor († 1055).
- Guigues Ier d' Albon, count in Oisans, Grésivaudan and in Briançonnais († 1070).
- Dominique de Silos, Shepherd Navarrese become monk Benedictine with Silos, Castille († 1073).
Death in 1000
Be-X-old: 1000 Map-bms: 1000 Simple: 1000
|Random links:||Juan JoaquÃn Winckelmann | Pilot | Louis Morin of Beauluère | Actualidad colombiana | Media in Iran | The Tonight Show | Histoire_d'Eritrea|