This page relates to the year -27 Calendrier Julien.
- January 13rd: Divide Roman provinces in imperial provinces ( provinciæ Cæsaris ), and provinces senatorial ( provinciæ Senatus and populi ). Octave is seen allotting the capacity proconsulaire for ten years.
- January 16th: Octave receives Roman Sénat the nickname of Auguste on the initiative of the senator Munatius Plancus.
- Triumph of Messala on the Aquitanian .
- Beginning of the war of Rome in Western Spain (fine in -25).
- Auguste subjects the Greek cities of the coast of the Black Sea (Istros, Callatis, Tomis).
- Administrative organization of the Gaulle (Narbonnese, Aquitanian, Lyons, Belgium). Lugdunum becomes the capital of the Lyons de Gaulle province.
- the Illyrie becomes Roman province. Creation of the Later province of Lusitanie by dismemberment of Hispanie. Creation of the Africa proconsulaire.
- the province of Achaïe included the Thessalie and the Epire.
- Foundation of the Colonia Octaviorum with Frejus (Iulii Forum).
- Foundation of the colony Julia Augusta Saldensium Septimana Immunis allotted to the Legio VIII Augusta (Béjaïa, in Africa).
- the population of the Spain is evaluated to six million inhabitants.
- the population of the Italy is evaluated between seven and ten million, including 30% of townsmen (800 000 in Rome).
- Stability and economic prosperity in the Roman empire. Resumption of the hellenism.
Art & culture
- Mausoleum and Municipal Arc of Saint-Rémy-of-Provence.
- Theater of Arles.
- Construction of the viaduct of Narmi and the the Pantheon of Clutched with Rome.
- Triumphal arch of Rimini.
- According to Strabon, a Earthquake destroys the temple of Aménophis III and fissures its colossi known under the name of Colosses of Memnon.
Death in -27
Varron ( Marcus Terentius Varro ), scientist, writer and Roman Politician .
- Cornélius Népos (or -29).
Simple: 27 BC
|Random links:||Lowell observatory | Blitzkrieg Bop | Héracléennes | Railway station of Bouaké | Élie Vinet|