This page relates to the year -241 Calendrier Julien proleptic.
- Carthage, driven out sea, cannot support any more Lilybée and Drepanum, which besieged for one year, has been with end of force. She asks peace. She loses Sicily and the islands close with the profit to Rome and must pay in ten years a war indemnity of 3200 talent S.
- Occupation of the Sicily by Rome.
- naval Preponderance of Rome in the Western Mediterranean.
- the city Etrusque Faléries is destroyed and its population is transferred by the Romans.
- With Rome, Consul At of A. Manlius Titus F. Torquatus Atticus II, Q. Lutatius Catulus F. Cerco.
- an oligarchical mode, dominated by the Sénat settles gradually in Rome (- 241/-187).
- Reform of the Comices centuriates in Rome, which modifies the old organization servienne. The rich person lose the absolute majority (they must count on the middle-classes) and the “prerogative” (the centurie called to decide the first) is not drawn with the fate among only the centuries equestrian, but with the whole of the first class.
- Reform of the Comices tributes. The Roman tribes reach the final number of 35.
- Via Aurelia , of Rome with Pisa, built by Aurelius Cotta.
- 260 000 Roman citizens.
- the war indemnity paid by Carthage brings an surge of cash which makes it possible Rome to penetrate in the economic channel of the world hellenistic.
- the sicilian corn, perceived by the State under tax, flows on the Italian market and competes with the Italian production.
- Guerre interns with the kingdom Séleucide between the king Séleucos II and its brother Antiochos Hiérax. This last removes the Asia Mineure with his/her brother (fine in -239).
- Beginning of the reign of Attale Ier Sôter (-269/-197), sovereign of Pergame. It increases its kingdom with the costs of Hierax.
- At the conclusion of the war of Laodice, the kingdom Séleucide loses part of the Syria, the Eastern satrapies pass to the hands Parthes and Asia Mineure, revolted, is disputed by Pergame.
- Acted IV of Sparte, incompetent to carry out his reforms in time, is constrained to leave Sparte to carry out a war against the Etoliens. In its absence, a counter-revolution carries its enemies to the capacity.
Arcésilas of Pitané, philosophizes founder of the Nouvelle Academy (born in -316). Scolarque in -268, it is devoted to oral teaching and uses the dialectical one as arms against dogmatism with the Stoical ones. For him there are no truth but opinions more or less probable (Probabilisme).
|Random links:||Inukjuak (Scandinavian village) | Emulation Minitel | Universalglot | Doing Their Own Thing | Rainbow Bridge (album) | Zachary_Taylor|