This page relates to the year -174 Calendrier Julien proleptic.
- Beginning of the reign of Laoshang (Lao-tchang), emperor ( chan-yu ) of the Xiongnu (fine in -161).
- Campaigns of the Xiongnu against the Yuezhi (Yue-tche) of the Gansu (Kan-penny) (- 174/-165). Yuezhi, driven out of Gansu, are established in the area of the Oxus.
- Laoshang makes a cut with drinking with cranium of king overcome Yuezhi, practical that Hérodote note at the Scythes.
- the construction of the colossal temple of Olympian Zeus ( Olympeion ), financed by Antiochos Epiphane, starts with Athens.
- Persée of Macedonia approaches the Achaean Ligue and concluded a treaty from alliance with the Béotie.
- Census: Rome counts 269 015 citizens.
the Roman commissions sent in Africa decide in favor of Massinissa and ratify its usurpations. Caton, sent as ambassador to Carthage, in cost more intransigent than in the past and, by its famous words, the Delenda Carthago , does not cease claiming the destruction of the city. The equestrian class may find it beneficial to make disappear a rival commercial power. Rome fears Carthaginian revenge, but also that Carthage ends up falling into the hands from Massinissa and becomes again for Rome an enemy of size.
|Random links:||Sagittarius (irregular dwarf galaxy) | Clew Bay | The Island of dead (symphonic poem) | Houyi | Otherness | Wendell_Willkie|