Ōsaka (in Japanese 大阪市, Ōsaka-shi , marked //, in French Osaka ) is the third city of the Japan and the chief town of the prefecture of the same name. Located on the island of Honshū (本州 or 本土 Honshū ), the principal island on which also Tōkyō is, at the edge of the Pacific Ocean, more precisely in bay of Ōsaka. It is crossed by a great number of rivers, of which largest is Yodo .
GDP in this area (Osaka and Kobe) is of 240 billion €, by doing one of the most productive areas of the world.
Very early turned towards the trade and industry, Ōsaka was, under its old name of Naniwa (難波, 浪華 or 浪花), the capital of the empire between the medium of 7th and the middle of the 8th century. On the cultural level, Ōsaka is the cradle of the Bunraku (puppet theater) and of the Kabuki .
The megalopolis is served by the train super-express train Shinkansen, Gare Ōsaka, Métro, the International airport of Ōsaka (airport of Itami) for the interior flights or average mails, and more recently by the International airport of Kansai ( KIX ).
Some interesting or famous sites:
castle of Ōsaka;
- the Aquarium Kaiyukan (one of largest of the world);
- the Universal Studio Japan;
- theaters of Kabuki and Bunraku ;
- districts of Minami, Kita, Umeda and Tennoji.
Famous people born in Ōsaka
- Jirô Yoshihara (1905), founding member of the movement Japanese avant-gardist Gutaï.
- Kenzō Tange (September 4th 1913), architect.
- Saburô Murakami (1925), founding member of the movement Japanese avant-gardist Gutaï.
- Atsuko Tanaka (1932), contemporary artist.
- Nobuyoshi Tamura (March 2nd 1933), national chief technical officer (DTN) of the FFAB (French federation of Aikido and Budo).
- Tetsumi Kudo (February 23rd 1935), inventor of a neo-dadaism and a new ecology.
- Tadao Andō (September 13rd 1941), architect.
- Yasumasa Morimura (1951), contemporary artist.
- Takashi Miike (August 24th 1960), realizer.
- Ryuhei Kitamura (May 30th 1969), realizer, producer and scenario writer.
- Toshiaki Toyoda (1969), realizer and scenario writer.
- Yuu Watase (March 5th 1970), dessinatrice of manga.
- Ken' ichi Suzumura (September 12th 1974), lapping machine (Seiyuu).
- Shinya (February 24th 1978), Beater of the group of Visual Kei Japanese Dir in grey.
- Koike Teppei (January 5th 1986, Singer in the duet WaT, Actor.
- Hikaru Nakamura (December 9th 1987), American player of failures.
- Have Ôtsuka September 9th 1982, Chanteuse
Famous people deceased with Ōsaka
DistrictsŌsaka is subdivided of 24 districts ( ku ):
Principal companies of Osaka
- Ezaki Glico
- Hankyū Railway
- Hanshin Electric Railway
- Kintetsu Corporation
- Kurabo Industries
- Kansai Electric Power Company
- Matsushita (Panasonic)
- Nankai Electric Railway
- Japanese Life Insurance Company
- Osaka Gas
- Resounded Holdings, Inc.
- Sumitomo Group
- Takeda Chemical Industries
- Toyobo Corporation
- West Japan Railway Company (JR West)
|Random links:||Preraphaelism | Troïlos | Banishment of Odin | Robert Luketic | Ladislav Novák|